The Cyclical World of Real Estate Sales
By Judy LaDeur
The world of real estate is one of cycles. And certainly we are in a stage of change right now in markets all over the globe. Change can be a little intimidating for some agents, but with the right mindset, tools, and training — it presents opportunities at every turn. How you deliver the possibilities and help agents navigate change is powerful. Perception is reality. As the Broker, you are the captain of the ship. The person in charge of the information that is distributed, as well as how it is perceived. You are also responsible for the routing of the journey. As the captain of the ship, if you saw that there was a potential storm on the horizon, would you alter your course? Would you start to make plans and prepare? Of course, you would. A real estate office is no different. Regardless of what happens in the market, there are things on the horizon that you should be planning for today.
As we make our way through the last of spring and hit the summer months…
Things that you know will happen such as:
- Agents will have lots of closings in the next 30 days and they’ll be planning their summer holidays, meaning they might not work as hard the next few months. How will that affect your company revenue in September and October?
- Most agents start September with an empty pipeline of business, which makes it easier for them to change offices. That makes you vulnerable as a Broker but also creates opportunities as a Recruiter. What are you doing today to prevent your agents from leaving, and what are you doing to position yourself as the Broker agents think of when making a move at the end of summer?
When you look forward, you can be better prepared for whatever the market does. Here are a few tips to help navigate through any storms on the horizon.
- Schedule training for your agents, to begin September 1, designed to re-launch their business for a strong finish to 2019.
- Host some fun events, or contests, in the month of July to keep your agents focused on business, even in the summer months!
- Create marketing pieces for your agents to use to position themselves in front of their clients for those fall listings.
- Remind your agents that there is no better time to stay consistent with their Monday morning messages to their clients than the summer. Everyone is talking to and visiting friends and family. Stay top of mind for additional business opportunities.
- Don’t forget to send your Monday Morning Motivation Messages to your recruits each week. Once we head into summer months, it is especially important for you, as the Broker, to stay positioned with potential recruits. September is one of the strongest recruiting times of the year.
And don’t forget, there are always changes and cycles in this business. You can change the size of the wave, but you can learn to surf!
Want to learn how to increase your market share and build an extraordinary team? Bookmark our blog, and join The Profitable Recruiter today. We have a full spectrum of membership benefits with all the tools, strategies and solutions you need to position yourself to win this year and every year. Our goal is for you to become the “turn-to” broker in your area for every agent.
Join today and take advantage of our special offer of 45% off with the promo code 45OFF any pro membership. That’s 45% off everything you need to be in the right place at the right time when the agents you want are ready to make a move – including SEVEN HOURS of recruiting audio training! What are you waiting for? When you join – you and up to 10 managers can access your account! Try it for a month and see what it can do for you.