It Doesn’t Have to Be Difficult!
by Real Estate Recruiting Coach Judy LaDeur
While you may be gearing up for Thanksgiving fun and much-needed downtime with family and friends in the coming weeks — keep an eye on the prize for your 2022 goals! Get a jump start on your competition by doing these three things:
- Write out your broker business plan
- Listen to the recruiting audio training in your Profitable Recruiter Platform
- Set these ten steps for making calls into strategic stone so start hitting the phones
To get a jump on next year’s goals — be willing to do what others are not to get the results you want! There are several steps to mastering the phone calls, and many great reasons to pick up the phone. Here are a few great reasons to call an agent:
- Your office has a co-op transaction with that agent
- Your agent has identified them as a great agent to do business within your market.
- Invite them to a social or educational event that you are hosing,
- Pay them a compliment. It could be in their production or just the way they conduct business.
- Introduce yourself if you do not know them.
- Suggest getting together to meet and exchange information over coffee.
- Check the progress of a first or second-year agent.
- Follow up with agents that you have met with, but did not YET hire.
- Call to tell them about your special systems and services that your company offers.
- Invite those who left to come back!
Regardless of why you are calling them, what to say seems to be the biggest challenge for most brokers and recruiters. For your best results, you should follow a process which allows you to build the relationship and secure the info that you need when the time is right for that agent to make a move.
Our process teaches you how to diffuse the initial response of “I’m busy” or “I’m happy where I am.” When you can lower the resistance in the first few seconds, the call is much easier. Many brokers jump right in and ask them to meet. That works on occasion, but asking a few questions and engaging them in the conversation will usually result in a better close ratio.
Most agents will say “no” at least two times, before saying “yes”! The secret is asking them more than one time in more than one way! Most agents will say no before even listening to what you have to say. It’s important to say something that will not only get their attention but pique their curiosity to learn more.
There are also days of the week and times during the day which will have better results. Those who understand the Rules Behind Successful Calling, will have fewer no-shows and spend less time making the calls, and more time face to face with the agents they want.
Want to continue to learn how to be the master recruiting skills and be the broker to join in your market? Bookmark our blog, and join The Profitable Recruiter today. We have a full spectrum of membership benefits with all the tools, strategies and solutions you need to position yourself to win this year and every year. Our goal is for you to become the “turn-to” broker in your area for every agent.
Join today and take advantage of our special offer of 50% off with the promo code 50OFF any pro membership. That’s 50% off everything you need to be in the right place at the right time when the agents you want are ready to make a move – including SEVEN HOURS of recruiting audio training! What are you waiting for? When you join – you and up to 10 managers can access your account! Try it for a month and see what it can do for you.