What You Do Now Will Affect the Rest of Your Year
By Real Estate Recruiting Expert and Coach Judy LaDeur
Our market continues to change at a crazy clip and smart brokers and managers are turning to serious systems and tools to keep up. To help make the most of your recruiting efforts, energy, and marketing dollars, I’ve put together five top strategies for a successful rest of the year that are generating tremendous results for brokers.
- Take Out the Guesswork. Be sure to have a SPECIFIC, laid-out, retention program to keep the agents that you already have. Agents need to know that they are appreciated and wanted. In changing and competitive times, agents who feel under-appreciated begin to look to your competition for acknowledgment. For those of you who are members, make sure those Monday Morning messages are going out to your current team, not just your recruits, and follow the weekly retention action plan that corresponds to your message.
- Be the Resource. Provide powerful ongoing training, coaching and mentoring to keep your agents productive, ahead of the trends, and confident in their skills and tools. Productive agents are happy agents and companies who continue to provide resources for success will grow exponentially over their competitors. Not to mention, like attracts like. If your agents are happy, productive, and knocking it out of the park in your market, they’ll catch the attention of other area agents who will be curious as to how your company can help them do the same.
- Support them. Provide marketing support for two very important reasons. It increases your agents’ business and more importantly ensures that the marketing ACTUALLY gets done. Many agents cut their marketing budgets, which resulted in less business for the agent – but also for the company. When agents sell homes, companies make money so whatever you can do as a broker to support their business, is always a winning strategy.
- Turn Up the Heat. While many of your competitors go into holiday “sleep mode” — it’s your turn to dial things up. Implement a strong recruiting campaign that consists of marketing, calls, social media, advertising, and interviews weekly! Now is the perfect time to keep your ears to the ground and your eyes open for trends in your market that you can leverage. A competitor that pulls back on resources. A change in management at another company. A top producer who isn’t being recognized. Use these trends to your advantage and RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT!
- Know your numbers! What I mean by that is—know your value propositions. What is the VALUE of being with your company? How many referrals do you generate per agent? What percentage of their business is generated by something you’re providing? I am always amazed how few brokers know what percentage of an agent’s business is as a result of something that the company does to support them…and that is the key to recruiting and retention!
Hope you’ve found these tips helpful.
Want to continue to learn how to be the master recruiting skills and be the broker to join in your market? Bookmark our blog, and join The Profitable Recruiter today. We have a full spectrum of membership benefits with all the tools, strategies, and solutions you need to position yourself to win this year and every year. Our goal is for you to become the “turn-to” broker in your area for every agent.
Join today and take advantage of our special offer of 50% off with the promo code 50FF for any pro membership. That’s 50% off everything you need to be in the right place at the right time when the agents you want are ready to make a move – including SEVEN HOURS of recruiting audio training which covers:
- interview skills
- objection handling
- phone calls
- recruiting strategies
- handling stalls
- recruiting to specific personality types
- and so much more…
What are you waiting for? Join today and save 50% — and add up to 10 managers on your account at no additional cost.