Hint: Are You Staying in Touch with Your Customers?
By Real Estate Recruiting Coach and Speaker Judy LaDeur
If you are like most Brokers, you are constantly reinforcing with your agents how important it is to stay in touch with their clients and potential customers. It’s one of the most important jobs for your agents, but according to NAR, one that most agents do not do.
What about you? Are you staying in touch with the agents in your market that you want for your team? Are you building your base of potential recruits? Are you staying in touch with them on a regular basis? Do the agents in the market know what tools/training and benefits you offer as an organization and why it might be a better option for them and their career? Do you have your names set up in a CRM?
It’s not enough to have “good stuff”. Most companies have great tools and a lot of opportunities for their agents to make money and succeed. If that’s all it took, most companies would have agents lining up at their doors to join. They trick is to also communicate the value of what you are offering and stay positioned with those agents at all times.
Communicating your value actually starts before the interview process. When you take the time to build their trust, build the relationship and “pre-sell” your company, the job is half done when you start the interview.
- Social Media is a great way to build the relationship. (Be sure to check out our webinar with Chris Whicker – he shared a terrific social media strategy! Log in to watch on demand.)
- You can build curiosity about the value of joining your team with “Just Hired” announcements, both online, in the sidebar of your weekly emails, and postcards are a great way to spread the word that agents are joining your office. You may want to include their “why” – where they share the top reason they joined.
- Your marketing should be about your results. Share the things that make you unique. Do you have an awesome mentoring program? Do your agents close more than those at other companies? Share your success stories.
- Make those phone calls to discuss your value, the results your agents are getting, to thank an agent for a great co-broke experience, etc.
- Our Profitable Recruiter Monday Morning email newsletters keep you positioned at all times. They are motivational and inspirational and a “soft” way to stay in touch without that imposing push of a hard recruiting call. You’re offering content of value, and creating the rapport that is powerful when those agents start to think about making a move.
What do top recruiters and brokers do on a daily basis to insure consistent results in recruiting? They stay in touch with the agents that they want! We talked to many of the best recruiters and brokers that we coach and asked them what they do to stay in touch with their “book of business”, the agents that they want.
#1: Phone calls are a daily routine: They talk to at least five agents every day about a career with their company. When their pipeline is empty they spend several hours each day making calls. For a Master Recruiter, if they are not interviewing a candidate, they’re looking for one!
#2: They network for referrals daily. Master Recruiters say the best way to get appointments with the best agents is to build relationships with their existing agents. Master Recruiters say 50%-80% of their recruits are a result of the referrals from their agents. How do they get the referrals? They ask for referrals, they watch who the agents are co-broking with and follow up with phone calls, they hold networking/coaching sessions weekly for the agents in the office, and they understand that when agents are happy with their office, they want other agents to have that same experience.
#3: They follow up with the agents in their pipeline: Master Recruiters hire about 50% of the agents that they interview that day, or within 60 days of the initial interview. 15% will choose another firm right away and 35% of the agents will decide to move sometime in the next 12 months. That means follow up is critical for long-term success. Follow up involves, notes, calls, sending books or gifts, invitations to special or social events, or sending them a weekly motivational email that they can read, share with their friends and family and also share with their book of business. When that agent is doing more business because they are sending your weekly motivation message to their book of business. Their business and success is tied to YOU, and they are not even there yet! Brokers who stay in touch with their potential recruits with The Profitable Recruiter say that they recruit more than of 6 agents per year with this one tool alone!
Show your agents that you practice what you preach and sign up for the Profitable Recruiter today. Your agents will love it!
What do you get? Make any Profitable Recruiter Pro Membership part of your recruiting plan, and take 50% off with the promo code 50OFF — PLUS, have the ability to add up to 10 managers or admins to your account at no extra cost! That’s 50% off everything you need to be in the right place at the right time when the agents you want are ready to make a move – AND includes the SEVEN HOURS of recruiting audio training, more than 30 webinars on demand, scripts, letters, social media tools and more! What are you waiting for? Register today and be on your way to being a Master Recruiter.