Strategies to Grow a Stronger Team
By Real Estate Coach Judy LaDeur
There is a proverb that states, “He who thinks he can lead, but has no followers, is only taking a walk.” Leadership is all about influence and developing the relationships that foster trust, security, connection – and the willingness to join you in your vision.
What are the qualities of a strong leader?
- Integrity: Total honesty and sincerity. Do you sincerely want your agents to be successful beyond their wildest dreams? Are you genuinely happy for those earning more money than you?
- Lead by example: Being the person you want others to be. Are you prospecting daily to build your business? Do they see you interviewing daily? Are you building relationships in the marketplace?
- Trust: Do your people trust you? Trust makes leadership possible. Steven Covey said it well, “The ability to establish, grow, extend, and restore trust is the key professional and personal competency of our time.”
- Respect: Leaders earn respect by making sound decisions, admitting their mistakes, and putting the needs of their followers and organization ahead of their own personal agenda.
Actions of great leaders:
- Start by just saying thank-you when they do something well. Praise is most effective when it is specific, sincere, and given as soon as possible after the desired behavior occurs. Broker challenge: Sincerely thank one person each day for something.
- Send them notes for meeting their goals or for being on track. Challenge: Write three notes each week to an agent to affirm their progress if they are on track to hit their goals. Send them a small gift when they hit their goals each year.
- Great leaders take Mental Hygiene breaks! Take time to refuel, and you will go a lot further. Take vacations without answering emails or business calls. If the day is going really bad, get away from the office and the business for a few hours. Spend 20 minutes meditating or just getting quiet in the middle of the day. Create a quiet room in your office. Studies show that 20 minutes of meditation in the middle of the day increased effectiveness in the workforce. Challenge: Encourage meditation/ quiet time in the office and create a quiet room if possible.
Putting these strategies and processes in place help you fine tune your leadership skills and tune-in more to your agents and even your recruiting prospects. And that? Creates influence. Builds trust. Nurtures relationships. Take these challenges to heart for the next six weeks and see how they create change in yourself and your team dynamics. Good luck, and happy recruiting!
For more great ideas on giving your agents the best resources possible, while attracting awesome new agents, join The Profitable Recruiter. Take advantage of our special winter offer! Make any Profitable Recruiter Pro Membership part of your 2016 business plan, and take 50% off with the promo code 50OFF — PLUS, have the ability to add up to 10 managers or admins to your account at no extra cost! That’s 50% off everything you need to be in the right place at the right time when the agents you want are ready to make a move – including SEVEN HOURS of recruiting audio training, more than 30 webinars on demand, scripts, letters, social media tools and more! What are you waiting for?